CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Weaning Update



I want to send a thanks to all those who have sent there love and hope about weaning. I was feeling very overwhelmed the last time I blogged but I am feeling much better now. I would like to sing my praises to a lady from babycenter.com. I went on the website and searched things about weaning and she gave me the best advice. I don't know how conventional it is but it is the only thing that has worked. First I followed everyone's advice and just cut out some nursing times. It is going just fine, we are down to a morning, midday and night. The problem I had was that I could not for the life of me get Andrew to drink formula, he thinks it is disgusting. Then I read about a lady that gave Pedisure to her baby. So this is what I have done. I gave him a sippy cup of Pedisure, French Vanilla. He drank it and enjoyed it. The next cup I gave him half Pedisure and half formula. He had no idea. Hopefully by the end of the week we will only have formula in the sippy cup. I will keep you updated.

2 comments:

janet said...

I am so glad to hear things are going well. Weaning can be emotionally draining, but I think it's harder on the mom than it is for the baby.. We feel like they are going to be damaged for life or something. Anyway, hopefully the transition goes well. You are such a great mama so keep up the good work!

Noelle said...

Katie, I just got a link to your blog from Heather Hammond. :) I'm happy to finally see pictures of your cute baby! The last picture I saw was your ultra sound photo! Things sound like they're going well and you're loving life in your new home. My blog is not public, so I'll email you an invite :) Noelle (Tanner) Bastian