CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Sick New Year!




Sorry my Christmas update has taken so long to come. Here is the story. Dave and I flew to Texas on Christmas Eve. The flight was great and so was our trip. We spent the week with my parents, Andrew loved all the extra attention. Then we loaded up in the car that Friday and drove to Houston to visit my sisiter Debbie and brother Matt and corresponding families. It was fun and crazy. I did get to play Wii for the first time. Lets just say that I beat Dave at bowling, I was pretty proud of myself. We then drove back to Dallas. We rang in the New Year and then got ready to fly back to good old Utah. This is where things went down hill. 1-Our flight left at 9:50PM. Don't ever leave that late when you have an 11 month old. 2-Our flight was delayed about an hour, we sat in the waiting room for a while and then on the plane, waiting for another flight attendent. 3-I started to feel sick. I had just gotten a cold but I was getting really hot. 4-Andrew would not nurse because of the intense heat radiating off my body. After about an hour of crying I just laid him on my lap and he finally fell asleep. So Andrew and I have been sick for the last week and we are finally feeling better. When I came home I found out that I had 102.5 temperature. It has been a long time since I had a fever. It is not fun!

2 comments:

Emily Judd said...

katie that sounds awful! I thought it would be a good idea to take a red eye with Easton being 11 months old, and our flight was delayed too. It was so so so so sad. So I feel for ya, but I wasn't sick! Hopefully you guys are feeling better!

janet said...

Flying with a baby is not so great.. but with YOU are sick on top of it all.. now that's a nightmare. Glad you are home and can stay home and recover while Dave goes to work. isn't it great being a mom?

Glad your trip to TX was somewhat successful!

Oh, and those pictures of Andrew look so much like Dave to me..