CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 8, 2009

A weekend of firsts...

1. Andrew went poop on the potty for the first time. Actually this is the first time he sat on the potty and anything came out. We just bought him a step stool to put in the half bath so he can wash his hands unassisted after he goes to the bathroom. I decided not to even think of potty training until he could wash his hands by himself. Dave put it together on Friday afternoon and we proceeded to teach Andrew how to use it. He then got down said he needed to go potty, which happens very rarely, we stuck him on the potty and he pooped. No I have not started potty training but it does give me hope for the future!

2. Andrew said the prayer all by himself. After church on Sunday Andrew gave me what he colored in nursery, a picture of a little boy saying the prayer. So at lunch Dave asked if he wanted to say the prayer, which he does often but always with prompts of what to say. This time he took off and did it by himself..."Heavenly Father, food, bless food, amen." Not much but all by himself non the less.

3. I met Andrew's imaginary friend. Now I know Andrew has a good imagination. He is always taking his little people and having them interact and he speaks for them so I was not surprised at all when he said he had a friend. On Sunday night he came up to Dave and I and said this is Andrew's friend, pointing to the air beside him. We asked for a name and he thought about it and named him Duke. (that is the name of our next door neighbor's dog.) He then ran off and played.

4.I made curtains! I actually made them last week but we just hung them up. We have recently moved our bed in our bedroom and the sun peaks through the top of the blinds very early in the morning. I made the curtains so I could sleep longer, I can't say that they have worked yet because it has been cloudy the past couple of days. I am just proud they turned out because I went to the fabric store, fell in love with the fabric and had to buy it even though it was a remnant. Luckily it was long enough, especially because I only paid $2.50 for it.

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Make sure you introduce Duke to Dibble, I am sure they will make fast friends! Does Duke, by any chance, live in the coat closet with the vacuum? Can't wait to see you this summer.