CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day of Hell!

Sorry for the language but yesterday was pretty equal to that. The day started out fairly well, Andrew woke up at 7:30am instead of 6:00am. I was pretty excited, but it all went down hill from there. Instead of putting him down for his morning nap when he was showing signs of tiredness I kept him up because we had a handy man from our builder coming by to fix some things. I put Andrew down after he left and Andrew pretty much cried the rest of the day. The only time he slept was on the way to and from Costco. That is about a 15 minute drive at the most. Not to rehash the whole tragedy, I thought for sure he would be exhausted by his bedtime. NOOOO! He cried and cried, Dave tried everything and he finally fell asleep an hour after his bedtime. Can it get worse? Yes, he woke up at midnight. Luckily he was just fussy not actually crying so I let him work it out himself, but of course I couldn't sleep while he was awake so I didn't have the best night sleep either. I guess the question I pose is WHY? The only thing I have come up with is that there must be bad days to appreciate the good. Today, things are pretty much back to normal. He woke up around 7 and has taken all his naps. Crazy kid!

On a lighter note, Dave is a big listener to sports radio and they are running a contest were a person can win his and hers motorcycles. Heath wanted Dave to sign up wtih him when we were in West Jordan on Tuesday so we stopped by a store and signed up. They drew a name an hour later and the person's name they called had 12 minutes and 80 seconds to call in. Yes, I am sure you have guessed it, they pulled my name. I called in and now on August 18 me and about 30 other people get to go to the Harley Davidson and see if a key they give us starts the motorcycle. No, neither Dave and I would ever drive a motorcycle but I would love to win. Dave's car is falling apart piece by piece, we could use some new transportation!

2 comments:

Emily Judd said...

What a good point! I have to remember that (that you have bad days so you can appreciate the good). Funny because last night the same thing happened to me. He only took his morning nap, skipped the afternoon, went to sleep at 6:30, just as I was about to fall asleep he woke up (at 10:40) and was crying until 1:30. We tried everything. Babies babies babies. I just wish there was a way I could be super mom and never be tired.

shellydinger said...

It seems like the days Hailey is horrible tired and overstimulated are the days it is hardest to get her to calm down and sleep. (and I can totally picture you guys on matching bikes!