CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'm Done!

So nursing has been a great experience and I have really loved the bond that I have with Andrew but I am at my wits end. I am sure many of you remember the begining of nursing and the awful pain that it causes, well I am experiencing pain that is ten times worse. Andrew has recently gotten his top two teeth and they are the sharpest teeth I have ever felt. When he first got them he bit me twice but after pulling him off and telling him no he never tried it again. Now the teeth have grown in more and every time he sucks they scrape me, drawing blood and creating wounds. Sorry if that is too much information but it is AWFUL. I think weaning him is going to be the hardest thing I ever do but I have to do it so I don't cry everytime I nurse him. So, any suggestions for a desperate mother?

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

Hailey only bit me once or twice, but it was enough and I'm a week away from having her completely weaned. It may not work for you since scraping at every feeding has got to be miserable, but I would say go slow. Just cut out a feeding every week or so, or supplement formula at the same time he nurses so that he doesn't eat as much. I tried to cut them out faster and it ended up being more painful than biting. Good luck though.

Emily Judd said...

Oh my gosh I am so sorry. I think that happened with Easton a little bit, although I don't think he ever drew blood, but I did get a little sore or something. Funny how memories are fading of a terrible ordeal. Anyway, I would go slow as well. Does he take a sippy cup? I can't remember if you've told me. The sippy cup was good for Easton, since he did not know what to do with a bottle. Weaning was completely awful with Easton, but we did it and he is fine and not going to be scarred for life. I'm sure you will have a better time with it than I did!!!!!!!!!!