CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Andrew's accident

So Andrew broke his arm today. He was playing on my sister's trampoline (which is a kid tramp) and the next thing I here he is on the ground crying. I brought him in and I could not calm him down. Usually if I give the kid a sippy cup of milk he is all better, but not today. I left my sisters and decided to stop by Dave's work to let him look at it. The arm looked fine but Andrew was definitly favoring it. We decided to make an appointment at the instant care and see what was going on. Our appointment was at 5 but we sat in the waiting room until at least 5:30. By the time we were called in Andrew was doing so much better, dancing around, clapping. I thought, I am such a worrier, I bet we don't even need to be here. Well the x-rays showed that he has a greenstick fracture. His bone is pretty much bent. He just has to were a splint with an ace bandage and it should heal in about 2-3 weeks. He is not a huge fan of the splint but he is a trooper!



(We tried to put a bandage of monkey to convince Andrew not to rip at the bandage during the night. We will see how it works in the morning.)

6 comments:

lacieinthesky said...

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry! :( That is not fun at all. I guess the good part is he doesn't have to get a real cast or have to have it on for very long. Good luck with tonight! ps, I'm glad Andrew looks so happy still, and I love the monkey cast!

janet said...

He better not be following in Anna's footsteps! poor little guy! Hope the cast stays on and that he heals quickly!

Cute monkey cast!

Debbie said...

What is the deal with all the broken arms! I hope he is feeling better, poor guy!

Emily Judd said...

oh no!!! Poor little Andrew!

Stefanie Stephenson said...

What are we going to do with you kids?? :) It looks like the monkey cast didn't convince Andrew, seeing as the pictures from the Aviery show a non-casted Andrew. Good luck with that!

Cindy Lou said...

Oh no! I did hear about that... poor little Andrew