CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Elections

So I know I haven't shared any opinions about the elections but I did have some things I was thinking about since the conclusion last night. I voted for John McCain, largley based on some simple beliefs that I have, for example abortion. When I was watching the election coverage last night I thought to myself, I do not want to feel bad/sad that John McCain lost, espescially for my child. I need to show that even though who we wanted to win didn't, doesn't mean we can't turn around and support the good things that Obama brings to the table. Obama is going to be our president for at least 4 years. He seems like a good man and what he needs most is our prayers. It felt so good to face these facts and not have to feel impending doom. I am tired of hearing "The world is falling apart and we are all going to live horrible lives!" (Okay, not really a quote but wanted to emphasize what I feel.) What kind of mother would I be if I raised my child in that kind of attitude and atmosphere! Staying positive and fighting for what you believe in is most important. I think my sister-in-law Janet who has a great way with words said it best. Thanks Janet, for sharing.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you for reminding all of us that, Katie. Although we should fight for what we believe in, one of the things that we as members of the church believe is the 12th article of faith. Even though we might not have voted for Obama, we still need to respect him.

Katrina said...

Hi Katie! Its Katrina (Dalton)! I found you through Natalie's blog! How are ya'll doing?!?! You guys look great and your son is adorable!

janet said...

hey. great post. not the part about saying how wonderful and smart I am... but about being respectful, etc.