CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

One Man's Trash is another Man's...

Treasure? Just kidding. Dave is loves garage sales. So this Saturday morning we went to breakfast (that is one of the deals, we go to sales if Dave takes me out to breakfast) and then hit up the garage sales taking place on our street. Here are some of our purchases...

Dave actually bought this recliner last week for $10. He purchased it to put in the loft. If you have been to my house you may think, is there really room for a recliner in the loft? Yes, there is. It blocks the direct path from the two other bedrooms to the extra bathroom but since we only use that bathroom to bath Andrew it isn't a big deal. I love how it has created a second living space in our house. At least three nights a week we are upstairs watching Braves games on the computer anyways so it is nice to have a place to sit.

The basketball hoop was purchased for $.50. (Thankyou Lacey's cousins/aunt and uncle). Andrew is in heaven. We just used double sided tape and put it up in our "second living space" a.k.a. the loft. Now he will just come up to me and say mall (in Andrew that means ball) and I know he wants to go upstairs and shoot some hoops.

This last item was given to us from the same people that the basketball hoop was purchased from. It is a remote control snake. Andrew hasn't figured out how to push the buttons very well yet but lets just say Dad loves it, espescially because it kind of freaks Andrew out.

Stay tuned for more exciting garage sale purchases as I am sure there are more to come because the summer has just began.

2 comments:

us said...

I am so impressed with the great deals. I acutally love going to garage sales but Scott hates them. So I guess I should offer the same deal: breakfast if he'll go with me. Great idea!!

shellydinger said...

I love the hunt for a great deal more than the deal I think. I agree with Cheryl, I wish I could get James to go with me.