CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

I blame it on the toys...

So not to long ago my sister-in-law kind of went off about cleaning the house and her extreme dislike for doing so. Ever since then I have been doing a lot of thinking about it. I have always liked cleaning to an extent but my house gets out of control dirty about every other day. The bad thing is, I get really depressed/ upset when it is dirty. So this morning when I awoke to an exceptionally bad house (I usually make Dave help me pick up each night but we were both too tired to last night) I decided I had to figure out what was making my house so messy. My conclusion...Andrew's first birthday party. The number of toys we have is out of control. Now, let me first say thank you to all that attended Andrew's party many months ago and how much we appreciate the gifts. So after about an hour of ranting and raving about the junk Andrew has (of course all of this is in my head because I am sure my one-year old does not care) I decided I had to just clean up and throw out. So I picked up my house, which makes me feel 100% happier and I organized the toys. We have labled bins for all different things and hopefully it will be in more control in the future. I am now going to go relax in my clean house while my child takes his second nap. I will have pics of the organization soon!

3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

yes! organization is a must! I think it happened about the same time after Easton's 1st birthday when I realized he had WAY too many toys for his own good. I put away a whole bunch of them and got a bookshelf for his room to put the rest on. They used to be in our front room, so getting them out of my sight was wonderful. I am a much happier momma and it is so much easier to relax!

The Childs Family said...

Haha...I hear ya girl...Gabriella is taking over the family room...and I am afraid this is just the beginning. :)

Rachel said...

I don't even have a kid yet and I think I already have this problem. Except instead of toys it's Tim's books, papers, used water cups, and other junk. How do you organize that? We are getting really excited for your visit! Is Dave still thinking he wants to go to Palmyra?