CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Andrew's Princess Chair

So last Saturday Dave decided to visit some local garage sales. He came back to tell me that he purchased a small chair for Andrew. The man said he could take it for $1 or $2. Dave paid him $2, thinking to himself that it was a pretty nice chair. The man then preceded to say, "That is a great deal for a princess chair." Dave was a little bit confused but then realized that the chair that he purchased was not tan and white like he thought, but PINK and white. Simple mistake for a color blind man. So this is what we started with...

I then took on the challenge of recovering it. This is my first attempt at a slip cover and I have to say I am very, very proud of myself. I could not of done it without Dave though. I have decided that I am not good enough at math to sew, that is why I have Dave. He measured everything and calculated it all out so that I could cut each piece and only use 3 yards of fabric.


Now Andrew has a perfectly non-pink baseball chair!

3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

wow that is impressive!! Good job!

Amy said...

It's a good thing you married a color blind guy! Think about it, he got a great deal for a chair AND brought home a sewing project for you! What a guy! Good job, by the way. I am very impressed! Evan would have just had a pink princess chair.

lacieinthesky said...

That's darling, look at you Ms domestic!