CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Paying the neighbor's bills...

Sounds like a good samaritan act right. Nope. It is the story of my life. About six months after we moved into our home, which was Sept. 06, I came home and our electricity was shut off. I went to the neighbor's to see if their's was on and it was. I called the electric company and they said they shut off the wrong person's electricty, they were suppose to turn of the neighbors. They came out switch the marking on the meters and we didn't have to pay our bill for a couple of months while they corrected the amount of money we had been paying. Then about 4 months after that I got up to brush me teeth in the morning, no water. Yep you guessed it. They came out switched the meters and we didn't have to pay our water bill for a month. When that happened we thought nothing else could possibly be switched. The only thing left is the gas bill and our meters are on our respective sides of our homes. On Wednesday I realized I needed to pay the gas bill so I had it out. Dave said, I am going to check our meters, just for kicks. Sure enough we have been paying their gas bill as well. We have lived in our house for 19 months, paying our neighbors gas bill! Hopefully there really isn't anything else, I just want to pay for my own bills. Is that too much to ask?!

2 comments:

lacieinthesky said...

Holy cow! Did they refund any of your money that you'd been paying? And no, that is definitely not too much to ask!

Emily Judd said...

wow, that is seriously crazy! Glad you got it figured out!